Thursday 20 May 2010

Frock swap

Last night I went to a frock swap, well I helped out at a frock swap; and I really enjoyed it. For those of you that don't know what a frock swap is I will tell you; this is what happened at the one I helped out at, but won't happen with them all. So at 6.30 the first customers arrive with several items of clothing, for each piece of quality clothing they get a ticket and for each fifth piece of clothing they get a premium ticket. We sort out the clothes and for the posh and designer clothes we label them premium and the rest is hanged up on other rails. While the women wait for the rails to open they can have a few drinks, buy jewelery and get their nails done. At 7.30 they open and the crowd of women swarm in, handbags and eager eyes at the ready. Then we wait; the amount of tickets they have is the amount of clothes they can take. At the end of it they go home with a wonderful, new wardrobe. Just in case your wondering how they make money on this, there is an entry fee of £10 but it is worth it; if there is one near you I recommend it. X
I have devised some useful tips on how to make the most of your swapping:
  • Go with at least 5 pieces of clothing to make sure you get that premium ticket.

  • If you drop your clothes off at 6.30 make sure you get back 10 minutes before it opens just to be safe.

  • Usually there aren't changing rooms so wear a vest and legging under your clothes.

  • While your waiting for the rails to open, keep your eyes out for great finds.

  • Remember it's not just clothes that are swapped you can also swap shoes and bags.

  • Make friends with the person hosting the frock swap and hope they will offer you free stuff at the end.

  • Keep your eyes open for vintage, designer pieces that haven't been spotted by the hosts.

  • Don't spend ages deciding on one piece by the time you look at the other stuff, the best will be gone.


I didn't have my camera with me so couldn't take any pictures, unfortunately everything good was gone by the time I had a look, so be quick. This just a picture I took of some of my dresses a few days ago (Note-I didn't get them at the frock swap). X

Dresses from the left- TKMax, Asos, Warehouse (from asos) and Asos.

You can tell I love asos!

2 comments:

Away with the fairy's said...

Sounds great! i want to go to one! :)

http://illustratemypillowcase.blogspot.com/

Fernanda Lucila said...

That sounds like a lot of fun .. except I'd be kind of stressed out while looking for something haha
I'd probably end up grabbing 20 things and then picking from them :P

Fernanda Lucila